1. You need live close enough to drive to get a puppy or are willing to fly to get a puppy. We do not ship puppies under any circumstances. We are in Black Forest, Colorado, approximately 60 miles south of Denver International Airport. We do not sell puppies outside of Canada or the U.S.
2. You need to fill out our questionnaire in order to be considered. You can send this as an e-mail attachment or copy/paste it into your e-mail. CLICK HERE and follow the instructions to fill out our form.
3. Puppies can be secured in advance with a non-refundable deposit of $600. Puppies are $2000 – $2500.
4. Unless you have references within the dog community, a puppy with a full AKC registration comes with a co-ownership. If you don’t want to compete, your puppy comes with a limited registration. Please be clear about your intentions.
5. We are selective about where our dogs are placed. Weimaraners, or any dog for that matter, should not be an impulse purchase. We pick out the puppies for our owners after they are graded for temperament and conformation.
6. Our contract includes a health guarantee and outlines owner and seller expectations.
7. We always take our dogs back if you can no longer care for them. This is also in our contract.
8. Your puppy comes with its first set of vaccinations, vaccine instructions, de-worming, microchip, and with AKC registration papers.
9. Amy accepts baked goods, red wine, scotch, craft beer and chocolate as bribes. (kidding…sort of…). She likes Carménère, Zinfandel, anything bourbon-barrel aged, and Talisker, if you were wondering. A nice Moscato will also work. IPA if you’re bringing beer.
10. You are welcome to come hang out at our place by appointment, but if you stay more than two hours you’ll be handed a pooper-scooper or a mop and be ordered to work! Really! We are busy people, too.
A few other things:
– Remember when you come to visit, you’re visiting our private home. We are not an open-for-business-show-up-any-time-you-feel-like it place. We are not a public “kennel”. If you make an appointment, we’re waiting for you. You won’t get an appointment unless you fill out an intake sheet and speak on the phone with us.
– We don’t breed “blue” Weimaraners. Blue is a disqualifying fault under the AKC Weimaraner standard. Because we are breeding to the Weimaraner standard, this color is not included in our bloodlines.
– If we send you something to read, read it. Digest it. Think about it. People wonder why show/competition breeders become ornery and unsociable with puppy people, this particular subject would float to the top of the list. If you don’t like something in our contract we can talk. If there are deal-breakers in there for you, we can refer you to another breeder. It is that easy. We are not the only Weimaraner breeder on the planet.