1. You need live close enough to drive to get a puppy or are willing to fly to get a puppy. We don’t ship puppies or adult dogs. We are in Colorado Springs, Colo., approximately 60 miles south of Denver.
2. You need to fill out our questionnaire in order to be considered. You can send this as an e-mail attachment or copy/paste it into your e-mail. CLICK HERE and follow the instructions to fill out our form.
3. Puppies can be secured in advance with a non-refundable deposit of $600. Puppies are $1,800.00-$2,000.00.
4. Unless we’ve known you since the dawn of time, or you have some pretty outstanding references within the dog community, a puppy with a full AKC registration comes with a co-ownership. If you don’t want to compete, your puppy comes with a limited registration. Please be clear and honest about your intentions.
5. We are selective about where our dogs are placed. Weimaraners, or any dog for that matter, should not be an impulse purchase. We pick out the puppies for our owners after the are graded for temperament and conformation.
6. Our contract includes a health guarantee and outlines owner and seller expectations.
7. We always take our dogs back if you can no longer care for them. This is also in our contract.
8. Your puppy comes with its first set of vaccinations, de-worming, microchipped, and with AKC registration papers. Your puppy also comes with two chatty breeders who have had Weimaraners for a long time.
9. Amy accepts red wine, scotch, craft beer and chocolate as bribes. (kidding…sort of…). She likes Carménère and Talisker, if you were wondering. A nice Moscato will also work.
10. You’re welcome to come hang out at our place by appointment, but if you stay more than two hours you’ll be handed a pooper-scooper or a mop and be ordered to work! Really! We’re busy people, too.
A few other things:
– Remember when you come to visit, you’re visiting our private home. We’re not an open-for-business-show-up-any-time-you-feel-like it place. We are not a public “kennel”. If you make an appointment, we’re waiting for you. You won’t get an appointment unless you fill out an intake sheet and speak on the phone with us.
– We don’t breed “blue” Weimaraners. Blue is a disqualifying fault under the Weimaraner standard. Because we are breeding for the Weimaraner standard, this color is not included in our bloodlines. Ever.
– If we send you something to read, read it. Digest it. Think about it. Don’t whine about what’s in it after you’ve signed it. People wonder why show/competition breeders become ornery and unsociable with puppy people, this particular subject would float to the top of the list. If you don’t like something in our contract we can talk. If there are deal-breakers in there for you, we can refer you to another breeder. It’s that easy. We’re not the only Weimaraner breeder on the planet.