Instructions: Please copy and paste this into your e-mail, and fill out the questions below. When complete, please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here if you’d prefer to download this as a WORD document.
Terms of Purchase – Please Read Before Proceeding
The goal of Foxfire is to place each puppy or adult dog in a home where it will be cared for and loved for the remainder of its life. We’ve devoted many years to protecting, breeding and preserving the Weimaraner breed. For this purpose, we are selective as to where our Weimaraners are placed.
In the event that the owner of a Foxfire Weimaraner finds it necessary to place his/her dog in another home, Foxfire will be contacted immediately and will be given first option to reclaim the dog or to assist in locating another suitable home for the animal. We do not sell puppies as breeding stock. Companion puppies are sold with the understanding that the dog will never be bred. All Foxfire puppies, other than those sold as show/field competition prospects, will be placed on a limited registration and a spay/neuter contract ensuring this condition of the sale. All breeding and competition prospects come with a co-ownership.
Foxfire certifies each puppy to be in good health and free from known congenital anomalies at the time of sale. Tails will be docked and dewclaws removed. Initial vaccinations are administered, and puppies will be de-wormed as necessary. All puppies come with a sales agreement signed by both parties.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST FULLY COMPLETE ALL OF THE FIELDS INCLUDING YOUR NAME, HOME ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER.
Address, City, State, Zip:
Referred by (website, individual, etc):
(If a question is not applicable, please write N/A afterwards, thanks!)
1. What reference materials have you read about the Weimaraner breed, books, websites, etc?
2. Do you have friends, family or acquaintances who have Weimaraners? Have you spent time with these dogs?
3. Who will be the primary care giver of the puppy?
4. Does every member of the household want a Weimaraner ?
5. Do you live in an apartment, a house, a condominium?
6. Where will the puppy be kept during the night? Where will the puppy be kept during the day? During family vacations ?
7. How many people are in the household and what hours are they at home?
8. What is your occupation and the occupation of household members?
9. Have you ever owned a dog before?
10. Do you have any other animals? Please identify age, species, spayed, neutered, etc.
11. Do you currently have a Weimaraner or have had one in the past ? If so, where did you acquire it ?
12. Do you have any children and/or are you planning on having children? If yes, what are their ages.
13. Does anyone in your household have allergies to animals? If yes, to what and how severe?
14. Are you interested in a male or female puppy?
15. Do you have a preference as to the age of the puppy?
16. What do you expect the activity level of this breed to be (underline one…):
very high high moderate below average
17. Do you have a fenced yard, if so, how high and what materials is it constructed from?
18. Have you ever house-trained a dog before?
19. Will you be attending any training classes? If yes, at what age will you start?
20. Have you ever returned a pet to the breeder? If so, what were the circumstances?
21. Have you ever given a pet away? If so, what were the circumstances?
22. Have you ever taken a pet to a pound or shelter? If so, what were the circumstances?
23. Have you shown a dog to any performance or conformation titles?
24. For what purposes do you want the dog? (hunting, obedience, agility, show, breeding, family pet – please discuss all that apply)
25. Do you understand the difference between an AKC limited registration and an AKC full registration?
26. Do you have a veterinarian? What is the name and telephone number of your veterinarian? May we call them for a reference?